As you all know, I am new to this blogging business. Since becoming apart of the blogging community, I have been welcomed with open arms and have been given a lot of advice on how to grow the traffic here. There are so many beautiful bloggers who blog about various topics and are willing to take new bloggers (like myself) under their wing.
This week, I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Mindi ( a fellow faith blogger who has an amazing gift for writing – please visit her blog and show her some love).
The Liebster Award is a great way for bloggers to be introduced into the blogging community and get to know each other better. So, I will introduce myself, and then introduce the bloggers that I am nominating for this award.
As a nominee, there are 11 questions Mindi has asked “about me” that I will gladly answer:
1.) What made you decide to start blogging?
The unction to blog just fell into my spirit. I serve an outstanding God, and He gifted me with the ability to write. I needed a platform in which to share His grace and mercy, and a blog seemed like the perfect outlet.
2.) What is your favorite movie quote?
First let me start off by admitting that I am a “Potterhead,” I love all things Harry Potter. I know every line in every movie and every book. There are a lot of life lessons in Harry Potter, right now my favorite is: “Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy.” -Albus Dumbledore
3.) Who has been the biggest influence in your life?
My mom has hands down had the biggest influence in my life. She introduced me to my savior! What greater influence is there?
4.) What’s your favorite place in the entire world?
My favorite place in the entire world is anyplace I can fellowship with my family. It could be at home, a baseball game, or in the middle of nowhere. As long as I’m in their company, I’m in my favorite place.
5.) When you cook do you follow the recipe or wing it?
It depends! I am definitely not an expert cook, so more than likely, I’m following a recipe. But, I do know, based on baking, that once I become good at making something and I start understanding how the flavors work together, I am more likely to put my own spin on things. I love to bake cupcakes (from scratch). When I started off, I stuck strictly to recipes (and sometimes I still do) but as time went on, I became more confident to try to do a little experimenting. I imagine I’ll be the same with cooking.
7.) Are you a dog, cat or goldfish kinda gal?
I am an all of the above kinda gal! I just love animals. If it swims, barks, meows, has fur, a tail, whatever, I love it. I’ve had each of those a pets and many others. Right now my fur babies are Cocoa (my pug mix) and Sammie (my sweet/mischievous orange cat).
8.) What’s your biggest goal in life right now?
This is a difficult question. I suppose my biggest goal is to be a blessing to other people. That can look different in each area of my life, at work, at church, at home, with friends, or with family, but ultimately, I just want to be a blessing in any way that I can.
9.) What’s your favorite article of clothing you own?
My Dallas Cowboy sweatpants! If I could wear them everyday, year around, all would be well! Unfortunately, with this Texas heat, and having a job and all, that just isn’t possible.
10.) What season is your favorite and why?
I didn’t even need time to think about this one. Fall has always been my favorite season. Great things happen in the fall, the weather is awesome, and it isn’t too long before Christmas!
11.) What’s the best piece of advice you were ever given?
Trust God. He knows what He is doing.
Now, Mindi (who nominated me), listed 11 random facts about herself, which I loved, and so I will do the same!
- I am a teacher (which is something I really love despite how challenging it can be at times)!
- I have worked two jobs for the last three years and it has been an exhausting experience.
- If I hadn’t been a band nerd in high school (which I absolutely loved being very much), I would have been a cross country runner ( but I probably wouldn’t have, because you couldn’t have paid me enough money to run for fun back then).
- I have two tattoos, both have faith meanings, and both took me quite some time to commit to. I don’t take tattoos lightly.
- I have a pet-peeve for misspelled words (given that mostly everything is done using technology and spell check is readily available) and the blatant use of incorrect grammar.
- It really cooks my grits when divers do not signal before turning or changing lanes, ALSO when they get into an inside double turning lane and swing wide!! Who gave you a drivers license??
- I am both of my parents only biological child. I do however have a lot of heart siblings – which to me is just as good as blood (said the only child).
- I love to run. Even though sometimes I feel like dying. I always feel accomplished in the end. The longest I’ve run is a 10K (with my mom), I do have my sights on a half-marathon, so we’ll see how that goes.
- I love to bake cupcakes! I do not love what they do to my body after I eat them.
- I am a reader. Once I pick up a book, I am unreachable. I get lost in them. I often can’t hear people calling my name who are in the same room as me. It is wonderful.
- My mom is one of the best friends anyone could have (but mainly me). She is simply amazing.
Now, enough about me, I must pass the torch and nominate other awesome bloggers for this award. Please take the time to click on their names and go visit each of these blogs – they have a lot to share and it’s all from the heart.
And the nominees are:
11 Questions for my nominees:
- What is something/someone that really makes you laugh?
- What is one item that you could NOT live without?
- If you could change your first name, what would you change it to and why?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is the story behind your blog name?
- What is the best thing you have ever splurged on for yourself?
- If you could spend the day with one celebrity, who would it be?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- What is your favorite place in the entire world?
- If you had a superpower, what would it be?
- What is the greatest advice you’ve ever been given?
I am looking forward to hearing all of your responses! Happy blogging, be blessed.